How To’ s
Take a Temperature: How to
|How to Take Your Pet’s Temperature (RECTAL)|
|Veterinary & Aquatic Services Department, Drs. Foster & Smith|
How to Take Your Pet’s Temperature (EAR):
Instructions for Ear Temperatures:
The normal Ear temperature in dogs is between 100.0 degrees and 103.0 degrees Fahrenheit (37.8 degrees and 39.4 degrees Celsius).
The ear thermometer works by measuring infrared heat waves that come from the ear drum area. The ear drum is considered to be a good indicator of body temperature as it measures brain blood temperature.
It is important to place the thermometer deep into the horizontal ear canal to obtain an accurate reading.
An ear thermometer such as the Pet-Temp® designed for cats and dogs works best due to a longer arm that allows for the probe to be placed deeper into the ear canal.
The first few times you use it, take both an ear and rectal temperature and compare. The results should be very close if you are using the proper ear technique.
YELP HAS OVER 3,000 COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB OF AMERICA.
THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE BBB BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT EXCEPTED.
We are members of the BBB with an A+ rating after 30 years in business.
WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU.
ALL BUSINESS OWNERS FIGHT BACK. DO NOT BE EXTORTED BY THESE RIP OFF ARTIST.
- Contact Us
- My Account
- WHAT IS A PUPPY MILL?
- WHAT IS A SHIMA?
- INFO ABOUT SWEETSHIMAS PUPPIES
- Who is SweetShimas.com
- HOME MADE DOG FOOD
- 10 Human Medications Most Dangerous To Dogs
- 1ST STEP IN DOG TRAINING.
- 27 SAFETY TIPS FROM THE ANIMAL RESCUE AFAW.ORG
- A SALES CONTRACT
- DIARRHEA IN PUPPIES
- DISASTER PREP 4 PETS
- HUMAN FOODS DOGS AND AND CAN’T EAT
- FRUITS & VEGETABLES DOGS CAN AND CAN’T EAT
- HOUSEBREAKING YOUR PUPPY
- HOW TO’S TAKE A TEMPERATURE
- PARASITES EXTERNAL * Pictures
- PARASITES INTERNAL * Pictures
- PUPPY GOING HOME
- SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL SEASONS
- THE MEDICINE CHEST: MEDICATIONS
- THE MEDICINE CHEST: SUPPLIES
- VETERINARIAN VISITS
- YELP HAS 3000 COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB